Dear StackState community,
We are pleased to announce the release of StackState 1.15
Before upgrading, Please make sure to read the upgrade documentation which provides specific instructions for upgrading to this release.
Please see our blog to read about our new features and Kubernetes and OpenShift support.
- Dynamic actions
- Relation-based Grouping
- Activity Perspective and View Summary Pane
* Kubernetes and OpenShift support
* AWS X-Ray
* Kubernetes & OpenShift
* Microsoft SCOM
Improvements and Bugfixes
- Upgraded internal Elasticsearch to Elasticsearch 7
- Upgrading to 1.15.0 will require you to re-register your license information. See https://docs.stackstate.com/setup/installation/configuration/#registering-your-license-key.
- Configuration files for the processmanager (`processmanager.conf` and `processmanager-properties.conf`) have changed. If the current StackState installation has any changes (or if these are templated in tools like Puppet or Ansible) they need to be updated;
- The old Elasticsearch data remains available in the `/opt/stackstate/var/lib/elasticsearch` location but is not automatically migrated and will not be available in StackState. This will result in missing history for StackState events and all telemetry stored in StackState (events and metrics). After upgrading, the data can be restored if needed. Please contact support for the details or use this knowledge base article https://support.stackstate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010136040. If there is no need to restore the data, please manually remove the data to recover the disk space used by completely removing the `/opt/stackstate/var/lib/elasticsearch` directory.
StackState CLI release notes
- Add support for STS_CLI_CONFD_PATH environment variable
- Added flag --draw to upload topology data in receiver format
- Namespace support in graph import command
Special upgrade instructions from version 1.14.3 or earlier
- Upgrading from version 1.14.3 or earlier to this release requires a clean installation including removing the complete /opt/stackstate directory.
You can download the release at the StackState Software Distribution site.