Dear StackState community,
We are pleased to announce the release of StackState 1.15.5.
This is a bug fix release fixing the following issues:
- Fixed issue with license expiry. STAC-7502
Upgrading to 1.15.5
If you are upgrading to 1.15.5 from version 1.15.x, perform a regular upgrade, there are no specific instructions available.
When upgrading to 1.15.5 from a version before 1.15.0, please make sure to read the upgrade documentation which provides specific instructions for upgrading to this release.
Configuration changes in 1.15.0
- Upgrading to 1.15.0 will require you to re-register your license information. See https://docs.stackstate.com/setup/installation/configuration/#registering-your-license-key.
- Configuration files for the processmanager (`processmanager.conf` and `processmanager-properties.conf`) have changed. If the current StackState installation has any changes (or if these are templated in tools like Puppet or Ansible) they need to be updated;
- The old Elasticsearch data remains available in the `/opt/stackstate/var/lib/elasticsearch` location but is not automatically migrated and will not be available in StackState. This will result in missing history for StackState events and all telemetry stored in StackState (events and metrics). After upgrading, the data can be restored if needed. Please contact support for the details or use this knowledge base article https://support.stackstate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010136040. If there is no need to restore the data, please manually remove the data to recover the disk space used by completely removing the `/opt/stackstate/var/lib/elasticsearch` directory.
Special upgrade instructions from version 1.14.3 or earlier
- Upgrading from version 1.14.3 or earlier to this release requires a clean installation including removing the complete /opt/stackstate directory.
You can download the release at the StackState Software Distribution site.