Dear StackState community,
We are pleased to announce the release of StackState 4.0.0. This version is the successor of StackState 1.15. This version does not have any incompatibilities upgrading from 1.15.* which you might think seeing the Version number. In a Blog which will be published soon we will describe in more detail why we updated the Version number to 4.0.0.
- Ability to find components in the topology perspective. There is now an search icon on the topology to find local components in your view.
- First version of our Telemetry perspective to see all Telemetry streams for a set of components. This first release is limited to 5 components at a time. In later releases this will be improved with a larger set of components which will be supported.
- Performance enhancements for views
- Proper handling for trailing slash in a receiver URL configuration. STAC-7817
Upgrade the requirement and documentation of Static Topology to use AgentV2. STAC-8640
- It is now possible to configure a proxy for event handlers, see https://l.stackstate.com/FcUps8 for how to set this up. STAC-7784
- Allow STS process manager to perform HTTPS health check. STAC-7718
- The groovy sandboxing has been improved to cover a number of edge cases.
- The groovy sandbox is stricter and favors security at the cost of flexibility
All accessible classes and packages are listed in the <stackstate dir>/etc/sandbox.conf. STAC-5032
- STAC-8365 Add support for STS_CLI_INSTANCE environment variable
- STAC-7464 Fix authentication to also work against distributed StackState deployment
- Added outputfile-format parameter
- Added option to save telemetry to csv file so it could be subsequently sent to the other instance of stackstate
Upgrading to 4.0.0
If you are upgrading to 4.0.0 from version 1.15.x, perform a regular upgrade, there are no specific instructions available.
When upgrading to 4.0.0 from a version before 1.15.0, please make sure to read the upgrade documentation which provides specific instructions for upgrading to this release.
Configuration changes in 4.0.0 (from 1.15.*)
- This release deprecates the withCauseOf stql construct. See https://l.stackstate.com/R8opqs for more info on how to migrate existing view. STAC-7884.
- processmanager-properties.conf was merged into processmanager.conf for both stackstate and stackgraph. If you have changes to either one of those configuration files, you changes will need to be reapplied after upgrade. STAC-8473
- The authentication for the admin API (port 7071 by default) is now configured separately from the normal authentication and, for new installations, it is enabled by default. If authentication was enabled for this api (by default not) this requires a change in the StackState configuration file. If it was not enabled it is strongly advised to enable it now and change the password. See the application_stackstate.conf.example file for an explanation on how to do both. STAC-7993
You can download the release at the StackState Software Distribution site.